Hullo, everyone! I’m so thrilled to tell you that today is Twinepathy’s 1st birthday! It’s been exactly one year since I published the book, and I can’t believe it’s been out so long! So enjoy today’s celebration post, and the launch of the IDIA Fan Creations Contest!
It had been a long week, and all I wanted to do was sleep. My desk had somehow filled with hundreds of papers, and I was afraid that if I moved one, the whole pile would come crashing down. Benedict had tried to keep up with it all, but even he couldn’t keep it all in line.
I glanced at the time on my laptop. Only a minute until midnight. If I’d had my wish, I would’ve been in bed several hours ago, but I had yet to finish the section I’d planned out for today. Maybe I shouldn’t use sleep as a reward for writing, but it seems to work. I sigh as the clock hits midnight.
The scream in my ear makes me jump out of my chair, but I trip over my own foot and send the hundreds of papers on my desk flying into the air. Blaze appears next to me, grinning. “Hey, you brought confetti, Bri!”
“Blaze!” I half yell, half moan as I flop into my chair. “How in the world am I going to take care of all these papers?”
He shrugs. “Maybe you should put a speedster in book 3. You’re plotting that, so there’s room there.”
I tug on my ponytail. “Blaze, why are you here?”
Blaze slaps his forehead. “Ah, I forgot to bring in the others. I’ll go get them.” He pauses. “Wait, you really don’t remember? It’s our birthday!”
Honestly, I did forget. With all of the editing and other craziness going on, I hadn’t thought about Twinepathy at all. How in the world had it already been a year since it had been published? “Yeah, I kind of forgot,” I admit.
“How could you forget, Bri?” Blaze laughs, but then he sobers. “But if you don’t have anything planned, what are we going to do to make it special? I just planned for cake.”
An idea flashes into my head, and I grin. “I know just what to do. Let’s let the fans take over!”
Blaze scratches his head. “What do you mean?”
I stand up, pacing. “Let’s have a fan contest! You can host it, Blaze. They can make fanart or fanfiction and win prizes…”
He grins. “I like that idea. When do we start.”
I point at my computer. “Right now!”
Well, hello, wonderful fan people! I’m Blaze, and I’m going to be hosting the first ever IDIA Fan Creations Contest! I mean, I’m the obvious choice, right? To start off, I’ll tell you that anywhere you see words in this color, it’s C.B. speaking. She’s also supervising me for unknown reasons, and insists that this has to start out organized.
Here’s how the contest will work! We’ll be open for submission (any kind) up until July 31st. After that, C.B. will spend a day or two (or as many as needed, since the beginning of August is going to be crazy for me) gathering everything together, and then all of you will be able to vote on who wins! One first place winner will be chosen, and everyone who participates will receive a short story featuring Denver and me! And just so you know, that was my idea. You’re welcome. Below is a basic summary C.B. put together, and you can comment below if you have any questions! You can also ask for me to answer them, specifically, and we’ll hope C.B. lets me.
Oh, and before I go, there are these cool things going on right now called the Silmarillion Awards, and I got nominated for the Most Epic Hero Award. So if you wouldn’t mind going over there and seconding that… After you finish this post, of course. Blaze out!
Contest Rules & Guidelines
- This contest is open to an IDIA-themed creation! Fanfiction, drawings, digital art (that includes quote pictures), costumes, pictures of the book, fanmade covers or book trailers… pretty much anything! If you want to know if something counts, just comment below and ask me. 🙂
- The number of submissions is unlimited! You are welcome to submit as many different creations as you want.
- Please keep all submissions clean! No cussing, inappropriate romance, etc. When in doubt, leave it out or ask!
- You must submit your creation by July 31st. I’ll do my best to post reminders in between now and then, but I am human. 🙂
- Submit your creation using the form below. If you are not posting your creation online anywhere, just put “None” in the link section, and I’ll send you a reply email asking for your submission. Also, make sure and check whether or not you want your artwork to be displayed on a special fan creations page!
- First place will win either a signed paperback copy of Twinepathy or a $10 Amazon gift card if they already have the book. (Note: Prizes may change, and more categories may be added depending on the number of submissions received.)
I’m super excited about this, guys! Are you? Do you have any ideas yet? Any questions? Comment below and chat with Blaze!